This course will explore the research evidence linked to cognitive science. The course will provided a variety of classroom approaches that can be used to support pupils to build their memories, develop their reasoning capabilities and become empowered to be life-long learners.
You will be able to:
- define what metacognition is and explain how it links to cognition and self-regulated learning
- explain the importance of cognitive load theory and employ a range of ideas to support the reduction of it
- use research informed approaches to build memory
- develop and use a range of scaffolding approaches to help all learners achieve it
- plan for how you would like to develop your practice in this area.