Post Primary Course
Leadership for Post-Primary Science Teachers
Why is it that some leaders are able to succeed and achieve the best outcomes for their staff and pupils even when times are tough? This hands on, research informed three day course will support you in developing a ‘toolbox’ of leadership ideas which you will be able to draw on immediately and in the future to help you maximise the impact you can have in your role as a leader in school. As a consequence of engaging with this course you will feel more confident, empowered and focused as a leader. The best leaders are not born, they are made through focused effort, hard work and daily action and this course will help you grow into the leader you want to be.
- Participants will create a vision for science teaching and learning that will motivate the team of colleagues they work with.
- Participants will consider how to develop and bring together a team of colleagues who can support and challenge each other to be the best they can be.
- Participants will explore the best way to prioritise and plan for action so that their use of time and resources is effective.
- Participants will plan how to strategically lead change so that they work on the right things.
- Participants will plan how to support, develop and empower colleagues for the benefit of all involved.
- Participants will be more confident in their own skills and competencies to become better leaders.
Course Fee £65 Bursary Amount £420